Sunday, September 5, 2010

That old devil called time!

With only 5 weeks to go - the panic is setting in. Every time I think about a training ride - something gets in the way. This week it has been pretty constant for the restaurant business and there have been 3 corporate golf events to play in (came third as a 4-ball team in one and much to my surprise, won the stableford in the other!) so my golf is getting better, but the cycling is not. the next golf is on Weds 8th, with the charity benefiting from the proceeds, so at least I won't feel so bad about it.

Having done a few nice rides in France last week I could do with getting my bike back from Kenan to start with - which is totally my fault, for not collecting it. Maybe later today - although 10-2 and 6-10 shift are required from me in Murray's today.

Fund raising - well at the Close Finance golf day a couple of hundred pounds paid and pledged from the golfers at the dinner, made the winning even more pleasant and yesterday at La Haule Manor, several parishioners signed the sponsor forms, so my thanks to them.

The bike build from Marc Le Sueur is making me nervous, it is hopeful that we will have a new bike, but it will be close and I need to get practising on it soon to get the feel.

Next challenge to be seen and heard spreading the message of Murray's 10cc to the media and on...

Welcome to the blog by the way

Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment