Sunday, September 19, 2010

Four hours going nowhere

Sunday 11.50.

My first thanks of the day goes to... my comfy office chair, your padding is a delight! Especially after a 4 hour stint of cycling, whilst going nowhere. 

My second thanks of the day are to Lee for the use of his static bike trainer - brilliant portable piece of kit that means you put your bike into this raised frame, adjust the resistance and cycle/train/warm up in one place. Excellent, I would imagine for watching the telly and riding, or in my case, with sponsoring glass jars and the St Aubin Craft Market. A fine day and with the leaflets on the table a super £174.00 raised on on it's way into the bank account. Being able to train and raise money whilst doing it is cool and I now need other venues in the next few weeks to do this. The Airport and M&S comes to mind.

Third on the list of thanks, the Coop, who have put £250 in the pot and given Murray's10cc a share number, so every time you use the Coop for anything, say SHARE NUMBER 12 - that way the 4p in the pound goes to the charity. If everyone does it... well you know. 

Fourth, the lovely Jimmy Mac and Sapphire Bedrooms, who sent me a cheque for £100. Cool. Now if everybody did that... well you know (it's not going to happen).

However Acorn Finance have given me a very uber cool £1000! so anything is possbile - Thanks

And thanks to everyone for reading, supporting and giving. I've only got until next June to constantly be raising money, so I'm getting the thanks in early, before I wear you down with fund raising ideas!

It's a training day on Bouley Bay & Boone Nuit Bay today, anybody got a soft ring shaped cushion?

Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment