Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting a response from those who care.

Asking people for money is a difficult thing for some and no matter how many thousands of times I've done that, it still is something not dissimilar to going out on stage, radio or TV. It's the getting started, the first line of your speech, gag or script, that is the toughest. After that you forget your self conscious worries and get stuck in.

So, whilst I'm in the flow, please give me some sponsor money - it's going to be divided up between 10 very good local charities so get in touch, pop down to Murray's or post me a cheque made out to Murray's 10 Charity Challenge andpost it to Norton House, St Aubin JE3 8BZ

Do it now, you'll feel better for doing it I promise.

Yesterday I received cheques of £300, £100 pounds and wait for it a cheque for £3000 - yup that's right people and mighty big fat £3k! I was as amazed as you probably are. He still paid for his breakfast at Murray's too!

No surprisingly after those shows of faith and support for what I'm trying to do, training went well yesterday. Paul Stone is my training guru and we really appeared to fly some roads and although the uphill bits were obviously slower, there is now no hill that has not been done - just not altogether yet! Paul is a top bloke and my kind of coach - thanks mate!

I've decided to take two weeks off working in the restaurant now - just so I can train, rest and train again in the run up to the ride starting on the 6th October. Thank god for a partner like Anna, who is running everything and working such long hours in covering everything at the restaurant.

The energy bars and drinks are being consumed. Thanks to Randall's who sent a case of energy drinks with an order this morning -the invoice read "Ref Murray's 10cc - Good luck Murray's". Top people them lot - thanks.

Right time for me to ride again and time for you to give a little something - if you all do a little, it'll make a lot - but don't let me stop you doing a lot!

Thank you

Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment