Friday, October 8, 2010

Round and round we go

Firstly, I'm probably more amazed than most of those astonished people who can hardly believe my six laps of Jersey so far. My legs and bum are the only things that know for sure how far they've been. However, the warning signs are out there to give me something to think about tonight. I can walk, but I'm tottering like a 2 year old. My knees either lock out completely or wobbly about, making my feet slap on the floor, reminicent of sulky kid. THE most important laps of the whole event are tomorrow. I've always know that. Saturday, if I got that far, was to be the tough one. Day 4 of 5, it will carry the maximum wear and tear, but without the hype of the last day, when crawling on all fours will not be ruled out. If I can get through tomorrow, I might start to get optomistic of finishing laps 9 and 10.
Today - Friday it was lap 5, sunrise was amazing over Grouville and the rain unforgiving from St.John to the end of St.Ouen's bay. Soaked through, but it made me cycle quicker. Lap 6 was warm and sunny and although flagging slightly, the boost of a 100 pound pledge from Robin & Jennifer Lapidus on the road from their car was enough to push me on. So it's good news and hopefully the money will come in, certainly the response from knowing looks and 'good luck' & 'go Murray' chants, if they convert into pound notes will prove the whole ride worth the silly walk. Bed time - it's gone 9pm you know! Murray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment