Saturday, October 9, 2010

8 out of 10 Cats

In a recent survey, 8 out 10 is the most popular stat. And so it is for me, as I am only 2 laps away from doing this crazy fund raiser.

Am I enjoying it? That's a popular question. The honest answer is - yes... and no, or possibly no... and yes. Yes when nothing hurts and there are no bumps in the road and I'm going downhill. No when everthing waist down hurts and your wrists ache from the bumps (not half as much as the under-carriage, which has taken quite a kicking from the unforgiving saddle) and there is an incline in front of you.

That said, the amazing views of sunrise over Grouville, high tides at Ann Port, houses that I didn't know existed, a machine for spreading vraic on the fields (!) and lovely, and I do mean lovely welcome from people who just heard me on the radio, saw me in the JEP or just got told what I was up too and some even stopped and gave money!  Better still I've got to ride along with some great people - Paul, Marc and Kieron to be precise, with Anna in support every day and Kenan or Ian & Julie popping up to film me and I have new friends, like the great crowd at Bee's Knees cafe at Les Platon. Then the pain is no more and this is the best challenge in the world. Do yourself a favour get a bike and ignoring the stupid Delores Cowburn article in the JEP about cyclists being annoying, and go ride around Jersey.
Last day tomorrow - I'm excited already.

No comments:

Post a Comment